Can't decide what to make

Hey there! I’m sorry if this is in the wrong place … I didn’t know where else it would fit.

I have 2 things of yarn that I had recently got. I got them for their uniqueness and also from companies that I haven’t seen before. I mostly got my yarn from Walmart (for Carron Simply Soft yarn). I don’t go there anymore so, Michael’s has a much wider selection.

The blue is called Metallic Sea Breeze by Patrons Metallic. The more purple yarn is Baroque by Soft and Shiny. My problem is this:

I don’t know what to make out of them!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Help, ideas, suggestions would be very appreciated. If you offer pattern ideas, know that I’m still a beginner.

Do you just have one skein of each? What you can make is dependent on how much you have. You may be able to get a cowl or some mitts with one skein.

This one is 252 yards of worsted weight.
http://www.ravelry.com/yarns/library/patons-north-america-metallic

This one is 207 yards of aran weight.
http://www.ravelry.com/yarns/library/loops--threads-soft--shiny-ombres

The amount is not a problem. I live near a Michael’s store and that’s where I got these two yarn bundles. I only got one of each for now. I just need help in figuring out what to make out of them that will look good. I mean, the Baroque colour into a sweater? I don’t think that will look very good. :stuck_out_tongue: … And I don’t want to keep making scarves or cowls all over the place. I want to branch out and start making different things.

For the metallic, I was thinking … maybe a shawl? But would the yarn be too thick for one? They’re both a weight 4 yarn.

I think the metallic would make a beautiful shawl. I’ve actually been fighting with myself to not but some for that very thing. Luckily for me I haven’t picked just one of the colors so I have been able to deny myself. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t believe a size 4 is too heavy, than again I live in western New York state USA. There are a couple of patterns on Ravelry.com done in a size 2 or 3 yarn that I want to do in a size 4.