Can you please help me read a pattern?

Hi -
I am knitting booties for my brand new niece and I am having trouble reading this pattern. I have done the sole and the sides of the booties. Then the pattern says:

This section is the top of the bootie and is the Blocks Pattern found in the matching hat.
k9, p2, k2, p2, leave remaining sts unworked.
Slip all sts with yarn in front:
Row 1: Sl 1 from left to right needle, turn, p1, 2, p2, k2

It keeps going form there. I had 24 stitches on my needle, then I did the line that starts k9, p2… and had 15 stitches on my right needle and 9 on my left.

Question 1: Wouldn’t the line that starts k9, p2… be my first row?
Question 2: Do I just leave my remaining 9 stitches on my left needle?
Question 3: When I start with Row 1, should I have turned my work (in the middle of the work)?
Queston 4: If yes, to question 3, then am I only doing 1 slippped stitch and turning again?

This does not seem right to me. I got this pattern on line. This is my first time using an on line pattern. Should I be wary? I have already knitted the matching hat and had no problems.

I am sorry that this is so long. Any help would be great. I would like to get these done for Christmas.

LCH

Just leave the remaining sts on the needle, you’ll get to them later on. Yes, turn your needle in the middle of the row, slip the 1st stitch but work the rest of them - p1, k2, p2, k2. The slip stitch wouldn have been a p 1, but you slip it so the shaping will blend in better when you go back to working all the sts again.

Turn your work after slipping the stitch not before it. But yes it is in the middle of a row.

Turn your work after slipping the stitch not before it.

No, this doesn’t have wrap and turn directions; you just turn leaving the stitches unworked, then slip the first stitch of the next row.

I think tarrentella is right. She wasn’t saying to wrap the stitch, merely pointing out that you don’t turn, slip stitch, turn again, then p1, 2, p2, k2. You slip the stitch, then turn, then p1, 2, p2, k2.

It was just a bit ambiguous before tarrantella’s post, she was clearing it up.

Oh, I see. Yes, you only turn once.

Thanks so much for your help. I have finished the first bootie and it looks great! I couldn’t have done it without you.

LCH