Can someone explain this part of pattern

Dec 1st at neck edge on next 3 rows -( i am assuming this is dec1 at beginning of row, turn and dec 1 at end of row, turn and dec 1st at beginning of row)??

Then- the bit im not too sure about;

then on foll 2 alt rows-???

confused.com

Thankyou

claire

You’re right about the dec on every row at the neck edge. Now work one row without a dec, dec at the neck edge on the next row, work one row without a dec and dec at the neck edge on the following row. (That’ll be a dec at the neck edge every other row, twice.)

The ‘foll 2 alt rows’ means every other row twice. Foll means ‘comes after’, alt rows are alternating rows.

Thanks.

And when im dec at neck edge one one row then not the next then dec on next row, do i decrease at the start or end or is it just still beginning then end the beginning?

Thanks.

And when im dec at neck edge one one row then not the next then dec on next row, do i decrease at the start or end or is it just still beginning then end the beginning?

Thanks.

Do the decreases only at the neck edge. The first 3 decreases were all at the neck edge and so are the next 2 decreases that you’re doing.

Dec only at the neck edge, which will be in the center of your piece. The out side edges are the armhole sides.