Can I Double the Recipe?

I am working a pattern for the first time and the one that I chose (I really like the design) ia for a 24 x 35" blanket. I want it to be 48 x 35" It says to cast on 110, work 9 rows and inc 10 across the last row. then follow the pattern until work from beg measures 34", dec 10 on last row and work 9 rows on.

Can I increase the cast on to 220 and make the inc & dec to 20 to make the finished product double the 24"?

Also, when you work a double cast on it creates 2 loop around the needle. Are these considered 2 sts or should I knit them together?

:shrug:

Doubling should be fine–I can’t forsee any problems with that.

As for the cast on, what do you mean by double cast-on? Long tail?

If there’s a pattern repeat, for example something in your instructions within a type thing. What’s inside those asterix’s is what you want to multiply if you want to make the pattern larger. If there are stitches before or after the , those should stay as is regardless of how many repeats are in between. Do you have a link to the pattern so I could explain a bit better what I mean?

I am not sure what step determines the width. I want the length to stay the same. I only want the width larger. I was assuming that the stiches that are cast on are the width of the blanket and the work from the needle to the right is the length. Am I wrong?

Here is my pattern:

BERNAT BABY
COORDINATES
SWEET STRIPES
Orange Knit Blanket

MEASUREMENTS: Approx 24 x 35 ins [61 x 89 cm].
MATERIALS

Bernat Baby Coordinates Sweet Stripes
(150 g/5.25 oz)
09714 (Melon Stripes) 2 balls
Size 5 mm (U.S. 8) knitting needles or size needed to
obtain gauge.

GAUGE: 20 sts and 26 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in
stocking st.

INSTRUCTIONS
Cast on 110 sts.

Work 9 rows in garter st (knit every row), noting that
first row is WS and inc 10 sts evenly across last row
120 sts.

1st row: (RS). Knit.

2nd row: K10. Purl to last 10 sts. K10.

Rep last 2 rows until work from beg measures 34 ins
[86.5 cm], dec 10 sts evenly across last row and ending
with RS facing for next row. 110 sts.

Work 9 rows in garter st.

Cast off knitwise (WS).

With the pattern like it is, you should be fine doubling.