Can anyone help me with the knit/yarn of this scarf?

Hello everyone!

I’m super new to all of this - I’ve only knitted for a few weeks of my life when I was around 14, but I want to get back into it. Before, it never really interested me because I was just knitting random things, so I decided I would only get back into knitting if I made things I liked.

I saw that this amazing knitter on Instagram made this beautiful scarf (photo attached) and it rekindled my love for knitting. Could anyone tell me the best way to recreate a scarf like this? The yarn looks like mohair but I’ve never knitted with that before. I also don’t know what type of stitch she did.

Thank you and hopefully this will be the first post of many!

Welcome to the forum!
It’s a lovely scarf knit in stockinette stitch (knit one row, purl one row).

Definitely stockinette. I would suggest Lion brand acrylic yarn #6 super bulky with #13 or 15 needles. 9 or 10mm. I used mohair yarn one time. Never again! It sticks to itself. If you make a mistake it’s almost impossible to undo. Another really good one is Brown Sheep yarn. 90% wool and 10% mohair. That one I could handle. You do have to dangle the needles and untwist it occasionally. But it is a dream to knit with! It’s available on Amazon.