Calla Tank

Well, you may be waiting for a little while longer. I have been stuck on the front of Calla for a few days since I dropped a stitch (or did too many p2tog or something) and I now have one less stitch than I should have and its throwing my yo’s out of alignment. Argggh. I will be frogging today at work over lunch and then getting back into the groove as soon as I figure out where that all important stitch went.

I am also going to email the designer and ask her if stockinette would work for the back. I sure hope so. It will make the design go so much faster.

I’m at exactly the same place, too, ladyindica. I’m missing a stitch because I forgot to do a 360 degree YO before a P2tog. I have to frog an entire row, which leaves me about 2 rows into the pattern after the ribbing!! !@$% :wall: But I have put it aside for now for some quickie projects - a baby gift & a Mother’s Day one. UGH! It’s very frustrating, and now I know why it’s a “difficult” pattern. It’s difficult for me to remember to YO correctly!

I have some progress pictures of Calla to add, but I have to say that I am strongly thinking of frogging Calla and re-starting since I made some errors (which are very noticable to me) when I first started. I think that I have the rhythm down now, so frogging and re-starting wont be a huge deal and I think that I will be happier with the results. The more I look at it, the more I see the mistakes. I have a picture of the progress I have made so far though:

It looks FABULOUS to me!! But I can understand that you see the errors even if nobody else with. :wink:

Thanks! I really love the pattern and it goes so smoothly once you get started, but those dang mess ups with the yo’s are making me crazy. I just know that the whole time I am wearing it, I will be thinking… does anyone else notice the mistakes… are they staring at my yo’s thinking, boy, what a mess, LOL. I am super neurotic, I know. I will be frogging tonight and starting again, but I just know it will go so much faster, especially since I have the pattern rhythm down and I have a few days off of work this week. How is yours coming? I can’t wait to see some pics of everyone’s!

I haven’t even started mine yet!!! I was talking to a friend at my LYS and she said she would bring me yarn to use cause she had frogged a tank. i am very excited cause I can finish my baby sweater first, and then have free coral pink yarn to knit with!!!

Did anyone figure out whether to knit the back in st st or not?

K

Katy,
Coral pink yarn sounds lovely!! And free is even better. :wink: If you knit the two pieces separately, I think it would be pretty easy to adjust the gauge of a stockinette back.

ladyindica,
What yarn are you using? Did you frog it? I still think it looks great and it’s cool to see the pattern taking shape.

I’ll try to take a photo later this week. I’m finally able to fully concentrate on it since my Mother’s Day gifts are finished. I’m only at 2 inches right now.

I haven’t frogged it yet, but I will Wed since I Wed and Thurs off work. I intend to concentrate on it and only it because I really want to have it finished soon. I have been really sick for the last 4 days or so and haven’t knit at all. Hopefully by the end of Wed I will have gotten back to where I was before I frogged it.

I am using Butterfly Super 10 cotton in “cream”.

Update on Calla:

I have officially frogged Calla down to the ribbing and am halfway through my first cable set. I am so much happier with it and expect that I should be caught up to where I was before within the week. I do have to admit that I put i t down for a while to make a One Skein Wonder which was such a fast knit that I finished it in 2 days!! And, I love it.

How is everyone elses coming along?

I am super disappointed, as I haven’t received my yarn from my friend (mind you, last night she had the flu and her DH hadn’t been out of the hospital more that three days), but I am sure I am going to start it the end of this week.

I’m moving along slowly but surely. Here’s my progress so far:

Wow, that looks great!! I am not quite that far, but have taken a few days off over the weekend. I am planning to pick it up tonight again and work on it while watching Gilmore Girls (heh). I can’t wait to get it finished and start wearing it. Its been so hot here that I need something light to wear.

Well, now that I’m 7 inches into it, I’m concerned that I’ve chosen the wrong size. Even with all of the swatching I did, I guess my gauge is still off about two stitches. I’m wondering if I should have made the next bigger size to accomodate that. I did try it on over the weekend and it was snug. But I figured it is supposed to be close-fitting and it looked OK.
Now, I’m not so sure. I guess I’ll have to take the time to try it on again, and make a decision before I get any further. :help:

I hate it when that happens. I currently have a poncho, shrug, and tank all waiting for frogging because they are the wrong size. Hopefully with blocking it will stretch a little.

I took the time to try it on, and it looks OK, I guess. It’s a little snug - not overly tight. So I just keep on knitting.

I am soooo happy…I get to pick up my yarn for the tank tomorrow!! I just have to seam the baby sweater, and I can start!

so exciting

Can’t wait to see your start, Kat!! :slight_smile:

Everyone’s looks sooo good! I have the pattern and the yarn now, so all i have to do is finish this friggin baby sweater!!

LOL, Kat. Good luck with your seaming.

I try to avoid seaming as much as possible because I’m always afraid I’ll never get it done. :wink:

Well, I got a little sidetracked cause I am a leftie knitter (mirror image to all you righties) and can’t figure out how to read the chart!!! I will take it with me to my LYS on thursday and see what they say.