Cable Sweater (Bernat)

Hi
I am trying to knit this cable sweater . It’s a very beautiful piece to knit and I am hoping to knit it. I am doing medium size. Pattern said using smaller needle to start and the total of stiches on neddles are 102 . Change to large needle to start cable patterns . This cable patterns will be in position on row 1 and 2 .
Pattern said, continue in pat, inc 1 st each end of needle on the 6th and following 14th row. Total stiches will be 106 ( size medium ).
My question is , do I start the increase stiches at the beginning and the end of 6th row and then do the same increase for row 14th ?

Please advice me
Jackie W

Because the pattern says to increase on the “following 14th row”, increase on rows 6 and 20.

Lovely cable pattern!

Hi
Thanks . It’s make sense now. So, I will make the increase at Beginning and End of row 6th (2 sts increase ) and the same for row 20th (2 sts increase) ?? Which I will have 106 sts on needle for medium size. Is that correct ??
Please advice
Thanks again
Jackie W

That’s right. Enjoy knitting this sweater.

Let us know how you get on. I’m interested in knitting this one :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi
Thank you

Hi,
I have a question regarding this patterns pullover. It’s regarding Panel Pattern B and Panel Pattern C. Both panels are written up to Row 7th only and Row 8th is to work as Row 6th. To continue working my piece up to 14 and half inches (size M), do I repeat from the 1st Row again for panel Pattern B and the same with pattern C??
Please advice me
Thank you
Jackie W

Unless the pattern tells you that there are set up rows in the charts, then yes, repeat the 8 row charts until you reach the given length. Usually the pattern tells you to continue, repeating the charts but not always.

Thank you
Jackie W