Cable stitches

I hope you can help again. I’m knitting a cable pattern from two patterns: the left side is K2, P1, K2, P2 and the right side is P2, K2, P1, K2. Together they form a 14 stitch cable. I put it together as: P2, K2, P1, K4, P1, K2, P2. Do you think this is correct? the pattern I’m knitting is Mondo Cable Shell/Vest. thanks!

This pattern? I’m not sure where you are in the pattern. It looks like maybe a 10-12 stitch cable up the center with maybe 2 purl sts on either side of the cable.
Are the directions you’ve given from another cable and can you link to a photo of that one? Just copy and paste the URL if you can.

Yes that’s the pattern. I’m joining the back and front and knitting in the round, working the cable. The first image shows both left and right neck stitches; they form the cable. Is P2, K2, P1, K4, P1, K2, P2 correct for the 14 combined cable stitches? thanks
[/uploads/default/original/2X/0/0e339a21a0ee945b8436dcbba7a260324b7bc940.png]
[/uploads/default/original/2X/4/413572ce9efeeaf636baf5b45615ef803b0765bc.png]

Can you try to upload your photos again? Use the up arrow icon in the middle of the top ribbon in the reply box and then browse and upload.

Hi, here are the images of the instructions with the stitches. thanks

Sorry, I thought the photos were of your knitting so far. Would you edit your post (the little pencil icon next to the heart on the bottom right near the Reply button) to remove the photos. We can run into copyright problems if we post substantial portions of patterns here.
You don’t have to put the knit and purl sts together. The pattern is going to change to a 10stitch cable with purl sts at the sides. Just follow the Join directions.

Thanks, so just P2, K10, P2. That makes things much easier. Appreciate your help