Cable question/knitting on the edge

I am doing the celtic princess braid on p104 of knitting n the edge by nicky epstein. For those of youwho have the book, I’m just doing the braid part, and ignoring the extra 6 stitches they have for the fringe.

I’ve done cables before, so I’m not having trouble with the actual cabling (thought it does take some conentration!!) But the directions read wierd to me for some reason:

PrepRow: blah blah
Row 1: yadda yadda
Row 2 and all WS rows: do this
Row 3: do that
Row 5: blahblahblah
Row 7: yadda yadda yadda
Rep rows [color=red][size=6]1-8[/size][/color] for desired length

Okay. So do I do another WS row (like row 2) to add a row 8?? Or do I repeat starting with the prep row…?

Looking at it, my interpretation would be: knit row 8 (knit knits and purl purls) and then repeat 1-8.

What-cha makin’?

Row 8 must be like rows 2, 4 and 6 wouldn’t it? (Wrong-side row)

:thumbsup:
Yup… it’s a wrong side row… knit it like all the other wrong side rows.

okay, good. The directions are not specific enough for… uhhh… geniuses like, uh… me :shifty: They SHOULD say
Rows 2, 4, 6 and 8: K the knits and p the purls.

but whatever. Perfection in everything would be boring :slight_smile: thanks for the help!

I WAS making the coronet hat from knitty, but when i started knitting following that pattern for some reason the cable wasn’t coming out right, so I’m just taking that concept and applying it to the celtic braid, which I like better anyway :slight_smile: