With many thanks to Ingrid I have finally finished the Cable Pairing Pullover for DH.
It’s from the Winter 1999 editions of Knitter’s.
I used Plymouth Galway Irish Red or some such thing.
I was very brave and changed it to a V neck using instructions from Stitch’n bitch Nation. I’ve never done such a thing before, but it actually worked.
On Ingrids advice I had to pull out the bottom band and redo it in a tighter rib, so it wasn’t baggy.
I’d also made the sleeves too long so I had to take them off and pull them back to size.
I’ve also finished a pair of the Moonlight Slippersocks from www.knittingpureandsimple.com for my DD,
but I used multicoloured yard instead of doing the stars and moon pattern. These are the first socks I’ve ever knitted. Bit if a challenge for the brain.
When I was knitting the second sock, I discovered that I’d misunderstood the pattern, so I had to do the first sock again.
I used Cleckheaton Tapestry, and the colour’s nothing like the photo shows, its purple, green and yellow. Not Blue!
Now I’m doing another pair in a different colour for my other DD.