Cable Knit Question

Hello fellow knitters. I’ve been knitting for several years but this is my first project with a cable knit pattern. The instructions on the pattern I’m using is quite clear: slip 3 stitches to cable needle, hold in front, k3, k3 from cable needle.

My issue is after I complete the cable part, I then have to p2. It appears to cause looseness in the pattern between the last k of the cable pattern and first p stitch.

Is this normal? If not, what am I doing wrong and how can I fix. Not sure if we can post pictures, but I would love to show if I’m not very clear on my explanation.

Any help would be great. Thank you all.

Jeannette

Sounds pretty normal. You can drag and drop pictures and they’ll upload. There’s also an upload button, a line with an arrow pointing up above the reply box.

Wecome!
Some of this may even out in blocking but this is what I do to avoid major looseness after a cable. It’s shown here between knit and purl sts in a damask pattern but it works for cables too.

I JUST was checking this out today because of the same problem when knitting cables.

1. knit your knit stitches as normal
    2, on the first purl stitch following your knit stiches, insert your needle purlwise and instead of wrapping your yarn counter clockwise, wrap it clockwise. Then do the rest of your purl stitches as usual (counter clockwise wrap),
    Hope this helps you as it did me!

Thank you all. I’ll give these suggestions a try. I just complete the project and it appears to be normal as a finished piece.

image|1009x1200