It seems like forever since I actually finished something.
Here is my first baby blanket, for my first grandchild (due 9/2). I used Aunt Pearl’s cable blanket pattern and Red Heat “soft Baby” (had to overcome my hatred for acrylic yarn, but wanted someting washable). I did use the pattern modifications suggested here, the original pattern did not add stitches when the cable started resulting in a “pucker”. I “made two” stitches for each cable.
AND, in a rare occurance, I had two projects on the needles. The baby blanket and I made a scarf using the Saxon Braid from the Cable Jacket (Maleknitter posted a bit ago). I covet this cable jacket pattern and now after making a scarf I actually think I might be able to manage the sweater, it’s the same pattern with a simple cable in between the repeats. The scarf is made from Lamb’s Pride Bulky and was a great way to “get a handle” on the cable stitch pattern. The bulky yarn has great stitch definition and was easy to work with.