C2B - Help?

Can someone help me with these instructions? (this is the first of four rows which will become some type of flat cable, I think. It has been a long time since I did a cable, and then I think there were more stitches involved)

“Knit into front of 2nd stitch on left hand needle, then knit into front of 1st stitch, slipping both stitches off needle together”

when I put the needle into “the front of the stitch”, should the needle be pointed to the left or the right? is it the same for both the 1st and 2nd stitch?

Since this is the first row, I don’t have a pattern established to look at - it seems convoluted and I think I am creating an extra stitch.

Is there a video anywhere that would show me someone doing this?

TIA

Welcome to KH!

You answer is in the wording of the instructions:

“[COLOR=Red]Knit[/COLOR] into front of 2nd stitch on left hand needle, then knit into front of 1st stitch, slipping both stitches off needle together”

It says KNIT into the front of the stitches so the needle will be facing right just like it always does when you knit.

BTW typing out just part of the pattern is very helpful, but if at all possible include a link to the pattern and/or name when you’re asking questions. It’s sometimes easier to answer if we can see what you’re making. :thumbsup: