"broken jack" pattern and substituting german short rows

`
hi all,

working on the new ‘broken jack’ pattern (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/broken-jack , free until dec 28th) and am about to start working on the first triangle leg section. i’d like to substitute german short rows for the regular ones. but, i need to write this out line by line so i don’t mess up. the patterns says:

“Leg:
After working the cuff, you should have 2 circular needles,
each holding half of your sts Work your first A triangle over
the first half of your sts (the 32/36 sts on needle 1) as follows:
*Row 1 (RS): K31/35, wrap the next st, turn
Row 2 (WS): P30/34, wrap the next st, turn
Row 3 (RS): K to 2 sts before first wrapped st, wrap
next st, turn
Row 4 (WS): P to 2 sts before first wrapped st, wrap
next st, turn
Repeat rows 3 and 4 until you have only 6 “live” sts. Turn
K4, wrap next st, turn *
P2, wrap next st, turn
K1.
This is the very top of your triangle, you should now have
16/18 sts on each of your needles, with the needles forming
the two sides of the triangle.”

so since german short rows have you work one more stitch than asked for, then turn, then pull up to get double stitches, i think i should:

1(rs) knit 32, turn, pull up
2(ws) purl 31, turn, pull up

and that’s where i stopped… how do rows 3 and 4 get changed, if i don’t have a wrapped stitch, and instead have a fake double stitch because of the GSR style? do i just keep going in the k32, p31, k30, p29 fashion? also, when it gets near the end… the 6 ‘live’ stitches… that means the middle 6 that haven’t been GSR’d yet?

German short rows and w&t differ in the stitch that is either pulled up or wrapped but the gap is still in the same place. If you k31, stitch 32 is wrapped in w&t but stitch 31 is pulled up in GSR. Still, the gap is between 31 and 32. I’d follow the same directions but think of it as 2sts before the gap in each row.

thanks for the reply… i’d watched mimi’s video (your first link) and her accompanying video, and that’s where i got the ‘work one more’ wording. but i get what you’re saying, that same stitch becomes the worked stitch, but the short row method changes which side is actually the worked side.

so, i was doing it correctly… and then because it was late and not fully following directions, the part i did incorrectly was not working every other stitch. so i did twice as many worked stitches (and rows) as needed. have to frog back and re-do. but at least the concept/execution of the worked stitches was ok.