Brick pullover

Hi,I am a first time knitter of a top down pullover and am unable to understand these instructions…knit to the first marker, remove marker, place all sleeve stitches onto piece of scrap yarn, remove marker, CO 1[2, 3, 4, 4, 6, 6] stitch(es) using backward loop method, SM, CO 1[2, 3, 4, 4, 6, 6] stitch(es)*

Welcome to KH!
Sounds like you have a markers at the sleeve sts and at the sides of the sweater. Now you have knit enough of the top of the sweater so that you can separate out the sleeve sts on waste yarn. You’ll be left with the body sts only. The part about casting on some number of sts is to give ease to the underarms. Half the sts are cast on, the side marker is slipped and the other half of the sts needed are cast on using backward loop.
Backward loop is ok for the smaller number of sts but a firmer cast on would be better for the larger numbers of sts.

Can you tell us the size you’re making and the name of the pattern please?

Hi I am knitting from Ravelry…Brick by Clare lee

1. I am confused here…BODY (WITH WAIST SHAPING) *K to the first marker, remove marker, place all sleeve stitches onto piece of scrap yarn

(I could knit till place sleeves on to a scrap yarn but after the rows mentioned below are confusing)

remove marker, CO 1[2, 3, 4, 4, 6, 6] stitch(es) using backward loop method, SM, CO 1[2, 3, 4, 4, 6, 6] stitch(es)* Joining with the stitches on the left needle, repeat bet ** once more. K to end. Slip the last (distinguishable)

1. K to the next marker, SM, K2TOG, K to 2 stitches before the next marker. SSK, SM, K to end.* Repeat between ** 7[8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8] more times, or until the length is about half inch from your waist.

(Here I don’t have any markers so how to knit this row)
Thanks for the help.

1. You have 4 markers at the raglan seams. You’re going to put sleeve sts on hold while you knit the body of the sweater. See if the photos here help. About halfway down the page is the section on putting the sleeve sts on scrap yarn.
    https://fringeassociation.com/2016/08/14/improv-basic-pattern-for-a-top-down-seamless-sweater/

If you don’t have a marker for the side seam, place one when you cast on sts for the underarm. Cast on
1[2, 3, 4, 4, 6, 6] sts depending on the size you’re making, place a marker, cast on 1[2, 3, 4, 4, 6, 6] sts and knit the next sts on the left needle. They should be knit right after the cast on sts so that there is no large gap.

1. This part is about shaping the waist. If you follow the above, you have 2 markers at the sides (underarms).

Thank you it’s more clear now.