Boy Color Help

I want to make this blanket: http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/afmeringuebaby.htm

But I want to make it from that same yarn, but for boy colors.

A list of all the Crystal Palace Meringue Colors are here:

http://www.straw.com/cpy/yarns/meringue_card.html

I’m thinking instead of:
Strawberry Creme - using Raspberry
Faded Lilacs - using Chocolate Almonds
Rose Petal - using Red Cinnamon
Periwinkle - using Warm Brown or Charcoal

But I really don’t know if the reds and browns will look good in that pattern.

What do you guys think?

How old is the boy?

I like this color combo. IMHO
A Warm Brown
B Either Ice Storm or Chocolate Almonds
C The colorway you didn’t choose for B
D Blue or Natural

Scuba Dive is a cool color too and can mix in with Colorway B
Hope I didn’t confuse you too much… :smiley:

He will be eight months by the time I finish the thing. He already outgrew the baby blanket I made him, so I’m going to make this one bigger than what that pattern calls for, I might even double it.

I didn’t even think about using blue and brown…she told me they like reds and greens so I thought I would go with reds, but the blues and browns might look good too

Pretty blanket! IMO the cinnamon and raspberry compete. If you truly want “boy colors” then people usually think of blues, but there are no rules and times are changing. :wink: I’m not sure what color in place of the raspberry though if you want to stick with that theme…:think:

ETA: You could use the vine green in place of raspberry…red and green look good together as they are complimentary.

Well I like the idea of being a little less traditional, Heaven knows they have blue stuff coming out of their you know whats…but she did say that they are fine with blues for him.

I was going to do green and red but I didn’t want it to look like a christmas blanket.

I think as long as you use browns as well it would be fine and not Christmasy. :think:

oh wow i just found a gorgeous yarn that is pretty cheap…I could just do the whole thing with this yarn (it’s a multi)…only problem is I have no idea how much I would need.

size 17 needles would knit this guy up really fast, too

maybe do a solid border in a brown or green

That’s pretty,too! You’ll get a bigger blanket that way, too. :wink:

is there any tool somewhere that can help you decide how much yarn you will need? I haven’t been doing this long enough to be able to guess.

I wouldn’t think you would need much of a chunky yarn like that but I just wouldn’t even know. I would hate to get half way done and have to order more yarn :grrr:

I have trouble putting colors together so I use this to help
http://wellstyled.com/tools/colorscheme2/index-en.html

OMG! I love that color. But I think that it may be a little too contemporary for an 8 year old.
I like this color choice better, but whatever you choose, they are both great colors. :slight_smile:

hehe, he will be 8 MONTHS old, not eight years…lol…the color choice just has to be something his parents (my brother and sister-in-law) will like! :smiley:

HAHAHA, HOLY CRAP. I need to read a little better!
Then that is perfect. I personally love the color choice you picked.
I think that I may get a few skeins in that and the blue.

OMG, more yarn and I just joined the “jailed” stash group in the KAL. LOLOLOL
Good luck and can’t wait to see the finished product.

I guess since it’s so cheap I’ll just get like 6 skeins of it and if that’s not enough I’ll order more later…

I think the pattern detail might be lost though if I just use a print yarn instead of 4 different solids (or almost solids)…so I may find a different pattern to do…either that or I’ll just garter stitch the whole thing lol