Bootie pattern-yarn conversion help

Hi! I’m needing a bit of help with finding a cheaper comperable yarn to make these slippers:

http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns/cotton_chen_whisper_slipprs.html

I’m not sure what cheaper yarn I could use to still stay within gauge and if its bigger/ smaller than the gauge given what to do. :?? :thinking:

Also, would it be possible to knit it with something else completely?? like not using a fuzzy yarn, just a chenile or worstened?? :shock: :help:

I really like this bootie pattern and it looks like something I can figure out, but money is tight and my feet are cold! lol :wall:

You can use any yarn that gives you the right gauge. You can try putting two or three strands of worsted together to get gauge … and some Target’s have some fluffy stuff for $1 that you can add. You can go through your stash and put some things together to get the right gauge … no telling what great combination you will come up with. If you can use a 40% off coupon at Joanns aor Michaels you could splurge on some Fun Fur and just put it at the cuff. Make your gauge testing swatch a head band and your ears will stay warm too!