Booga bag re-felting?

Hi all…well, I’m not sure how well my first foray into felting went. I sent the Booga bag through a whole 15 min cycle of hot water, high agitation in a zippered pillowcase with a pair of jeans thrown in too…just like all the instructions. Now, after drying for two days, the bag seems…well…too floppy. And you can still see some stitches on the sides and especially the garter stitch on the bottom.

Isn’t the bag supposed to end up really stiff when it’s dry? I mean, now when I put something in the bag, the bottom bows down, it does not remain a flat rectangle. Is that supposed to happen?:shrug:

I am wondering if I need to send it back for another round of felting…but then it will be pretty small…maybe next time I make the bigger version!

It does sound like it needs another round of felting. Felting times vary a lot depending on your washing machine, the yarn you use, how hot the water is, etc., so 15 minutes may not have been enough in your case. And I find it difficult sometimes to tell whether something is felted enough when it’s still wet.

The booga itself is a very small bag. The photo is very misleading!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkgreen]Try re-felting…[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#006400]It usally takes 45 minutes to over an hour to get it to felt the way I like it… Sometimes only a 1/2 hour…[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#006400]Just keep looking at it wet and when it gets to where you like it then put it in the cold water…[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#006400]If it get to where it’s just taking to long. I sometimes stop the felting in cold water a start over with the hot…[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]