Booga bag felted

Hi Everyone ~

I’m so excited… I felted my first booga bag. It’s drying on a 5lb minute rice box right now…but it looks pretty darn good, if I do say so myself :smiley:
I had to use my friend’s washing machine in that mine is a front loader…and it seemed like it took a while ( about 30 minutes or so ) but I’m very happy with it. I will post a pic when it’s dry and finished.

I started a new bag today …using the booga bag pattern sort of. I followed another poster’s suggestions and am making the bottom 40 stitches and going 80 rows high. I’m using size 13 needles and Lamb’s Pride bulky. I plan on putting grommets on this one for the handles.

I’ve been busy at home for the last couple of days. We had Pergo floor installed in the new dining room and today the painters started painting the main floor of the house. I’m happy with the color and the fact they are very neat, tidy painters.

Hope you all are enjoying the weekend…and happy knitting !!

Laura

congrats!!! can’t wait to see it!

:cheering: :cheering: Can’t wait to see :smiley: Congrats on the 1st booga felt…and the next :wink:

Grommets…good idea. I will have to try that next time. :thumbsup:

Congrats!!! Can’t wait to see photos!! :thumbsup:

Woohooo, I bought the yarn to make the bag. Any chance for a pic? :thumbsup:

It’s still drying on the rice box…but soon.

I’ve started another…just watched Amy’s video on joining a second color and now not to get holes…great video Amy.

This bag thing could be the " crack cocaine" of knitting…very addicting.

Laura

I love to knit Booga bags, so satisfying to make something that nice. Congrats and I can’t wait to see it. :thumbsup:

You and Hildie need to form a support group! :rofling:

You and Hildie need to form a support group! :rofling:[/quote]

My roommate could join that! She’s addicted to felting bags. She just made me a really cute little brown one. :heart:

Yay you! The booga rocks. Pics?

Congrats :cheering: Maybe I should make one. It looks super easy :thinking:

I can’t wait to see it. I just felted my first bag and it’s drying, too.

The bag is done…and it’s really small !!! :frowning: I’ve started another…using size 13 needles and Lamb’s Pride Bulky.

It’s fun to post a finished object. I’m going to try mittens next and it might be awhile before you see a pic of those :smiley:

Laura[color=green][/color][color=green][/color][color=blue][/color]

Oh wow–that bag is gorgeous!! I absolutely love the colors! :inlove: :inlove:

Cute bag! :inlove: :heart: :inlove:

:inlove: Loving that bag!

:heart: :inlove: :heart: love love your Booga :thumbsup:

How much yarn did that pattern take???

jessica…the pattern calls for 3 skeins of Noro

I think the bag is awesome! I know a lot of people are suprised at how small it is though. If you look through KK’s blog, I think she describes making a “hugea booga” somewhere.