Bolero schlemro

Hi everyone! So, this is my first project aside from scarves and dishcloths… I found this Bolero online http://www.squidoo.com/1970s-Knitted-Bolero-Pattern/ I’m going to be in the car for about 10 hours tomorrow so a nice knitting opportunity.

So a few questions: Can anyone think of some good yarns (that’s the fun questions)

OK now my little troubles…: This is what it says:

Armhole Shaping - Cast off 3 sts. at beg. of next row. Dec. 1 st. at beg. of next 5 (6:7) alternate rows. to shape front, dec. 1 st. at front edge on every alternate row until 12 sts. remain. Continue until work measures 15 (15 1/2:16) ins. ending at side.
Shoulder Shaping - Cast off 6 sts. at beg. of next and following alternate row… [B]ok this last line that’s where I need the help[/B]
So, do I work until it’s 15 inches and then the next row cast off 6 and then when I turn around to go back cast off 6 sts to the end of that row.

Also, when it says to decrease, do I just knit2tog? Or is there something else I should be doing?

Sorry for the cooky message… I just don’t want to get stuck in the car in a rut!!!

K2 tog is a good decrease for the edges.

As for the cast off, cast of six at the beginning of the row, purl back and then cast off again at the ‘new’ beginning of the row. If you just turn and cast off, your yarn will be in the middle rather than the end of the row.