Bobbles

I am trying to learn how to knit bobbles. I watched a video at www.yarn.com and I have a book, 50 fabulous knit garter stitches. I don’t understand the book instructions. I can’t tell if it’s saying what the video says and if not which one I should do. The book says
Work (K1, YO) twice, K1 into st; YF, turn, sl 5; YF, turn, K5; pass 4th, 3rd, 2nd and first sts on right-hand needle separately over the last st knitted. Push bobble in pave.

I especially don’t understand the first part. K1 into what stitch? It looks different from the video.

I’ve been having trouble with this book. I don’t know if it’s too advanced for me but none of the patterns I have tried are coming out right. I’m getting very frustrated.

Thanks for the help.

How to Knit a Bobble Stitch

The video and the instructions you posted aren’t exactly the same. How you would do the bobble would depend upon the pattern.

I especially don’t understand the first part. K1 into what stitch? - This would be the stitch where you want your bobble placed.

The pattern in the book is called slanting bobbles. Just diagonal rows of them. So, I should follow the pattern in the book?

If you want to follow the pattern in the book, sure, do it. If you don’t, do something else. Knitter’s choice.

It may depend on the size bobble that you want. In your pattern directions, all of these are worked into the [U]next[/U] [U]stitch[/U] on the needle:
Work (K1, YO) twice, K1 into st;
So you k1, yo, k1, yo, k1 into the next stitch without dropping it from the needle until the last k1.
Then bring the yarn to the front between the needles and turn your work to the back.
The yarn is now in the correct position to slip all 5 of the sts you just made and then bring the yarn forward between the needles again, turn, and knit those 5sts.
Last step, pass 4th, 3rd, 2nd and first sts on right-hand needle separately over the last st knitted. That’s the bobble.