Bit OT: typical dutch

Okay, so I want to put something typical dutch with my sockintine socks, but I was wondering what you are calling typical dutch. My idea was liquorice, but I’m not sure if that’s how people from outside the Netherlands are looking at it.

So my question, what is typical dutch in you opinion.

Clogs, girls with blond braids, the dyke. Amsterdam ( :shifty: ).

OOH and those really yummy wafer things that come in the blue and white tins. :drool:

Licorice, not so much. I sorry. :pout:

ETA: And windmills. We’re very stereotype-y in the US. :pout:

Typically Dutch? Those waffles with syrupy stuff in the middle… they come in a tin. Stroopwaffles?

Tulips!

ah, stroopwafels, I was wondering what the waffer-thing was. Yes, why didn’t I think of that :doh:

(those are actually totally yummy, I’m really addicted to them)

how should I ship tulips :rofl: they are dead before they arrive :teehee:

because I tought of that, but well, there were some practical problems with that idea :wink:

Me too - I’m glad I don’t live in Holland and find them hard to get here in the UK :teehee:

because I tought of that, but well, there were some practical problems with that idea ;)[/quote]

I’m sorry, I misread your intent. I thought you were looking for something typical Dutch for a PATTERN to incorporate in the socks. My bad!

:teehee:

because I tought of that, but well, there were some practical problems with that idea ;)[/quote]

I’m sorry, I misread your intent. I thought you were looking for something typical Dutch for a PATTERN to incorporate in the socks. My bad!

:teehee:[/quote]

Doesn’t matter :teehee:

Might have been my english :oops:

[quote=“mulene”]

Me too - I’m glad I don’t live in Holland and find them hard to get here in the UK :teehee:[/quote]

I’ll probably be in London this summer :whistle: :angelgrin:

ROFL Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! :teehee:

well if it was something with your actual socks, you could make these! :teehee:

otherwise i would have said beautifully decorated clogs!

(and you could send tulip bulbs! :wink: )

I was gonna suggest tulip bulbs.

Yes, stroopwaffles, those are delicious. :drool: Trader Joe’s has them sometimes.

Hmm… when I think of things associated with the Netherlands I think of pot brownies and adult, er, recreational objects. Better not ship pot brownies internationally, though. In fact, maybe just stick with tulips.

:teehee:

The licorice… go with the licorice. Or better yet, just send me the licrorice! The stronger the better.

candice

:teehee:[/quote]

Yeah, that’s why I just said “Amsterdam.” :rofl:

I think the stroopwaffles are great. YUM. I asked my dh, who is Dutch, and the first thing he said was worstebroches (I have NO idea how to spell it…hope you know what I mean), then he said apple stroop. Apple stroop, to me, is something you have to have a taste for - I can’t stand the stuff - but the stroopwaffles are a different story. I love them and it’s a good thing we only have them occasionally when MIL brings some. Licorice is typically dutch too - my FIL often has black licorice drops and he tries to offer them to my kids as a big treat but they don’t see it that way! :teehee:

Chocolate or cheese. Man Dutch cheese is amazing - I might choose cheese over chocolate if it were Dutch.

Keeshonden are Dutch! (And very cute I might add!!)

I have one and am learning how to spin his supersoft fur.