Birthday Bear

I am now officially finished with Allysa’s birthday knitting. Altogether we have, kidlet tank, Allysa Halter, short snort, Summer Swing Top, Ring-A-Ding tank, and Girlfriend’s Swing Coat Sweater.
I had yarn left over, so I knit a pullover, but the placket is off center, so it stays here.
I still had leftover yarn, so I decided to knit the bear that I saw on Knitty Gritty last week. I added a skirt so that everyone knows she’s a girl bear.
She is rather tall and skinny for a bear, but I guess she’ll do :roflhard: :rofling: . She also matches some of Allysa’s birthday tops

That’s so cute Rebecca! :inlove:

Oh my gosh! That bear is adorable!! :inlove:

:cheering:

How sweet is that? Love the skirt!

So sweet~
:heart:

Teddy is so cute!! And wouldn’t we all like to be tall and skinny?? :roflhard:

Awww, that is so cute!!

She’s darling!

WOW!! She’s so cute!

Alyssa’s going to love it! :thumbsup:

:XX: :happydance: :XX:

Cuteness! She looks ready to do a pirouette!

I :heart: :heart: :heart: the bear !!!

Love the skirt! Did you just pick up stiches after you knit the whole thing?

Thanks everyone…you sure know how to make a girl feel good about her tall skinny bear :thumbsup:

Femi, this bear is done in one long piece (pattern) and then you seam the sides and stuff and whatnot. Anyway, after knitting the bear I came back and did just as you said, picked up sts on each side, then increased after each st. so the skirt would flare out. Then, I seamed the skirt sides together after the body :smiley:

wonderful! :heart:

Good heavens, Becka!!! You’ve knit her an entire wardrobe and then some! :roflhard: They’re all just beautiful! :notworthy:

The skirt makes her look like a Ballerina bear. :inlove:

Everything is really wonderful!

Thanks so much everyone! We got a couple of the bottoms today…they are so cute! We will be going out early this evening (when it’s not 300 degrees out :shock: ) to get the other 3 and the babydoll.
I’m so happy that I have found bottoms that match colors exactly…very cool!!!