Binding Off Magic Looooop

the magic loop method has been good to me so far, and i’m ready to bind off. i went through the “regular” method (i dont remember what its called–the one where u pull the 1st loop over the 2nd one) but when i got to the last stitch on the 1st side of the round, i didnt cut the yarn, for fear of sacrificing my in-the-roundness. now i have have one loop on either side of my work. what do i do? :shrug: was i supposed to do some other method of binding off since its in the round?

You BO like you would on straight needles. I do find that the last stitch sits up a little higher and there’s a gap between it and the first one. So I pick up a stitch in the first one I bound off and do a BO with that. It closes the gap and makes it look more even. Then pull the yarn through and weave it in.

sue

so there will be TWO strands to weave in on the top? :??

Just move the last stitch from the first needle to the beginning of the second needle and keep going from where you left off. (I think Sue thought you were talking about the last stitch of the round.)

i dont think i can do that. maybe i did soemething wrong. there are two loops left and they are on opposite sides of the project. :wall:

so there will be TWO strands to weave in on the top? :??[/quote]

No.

Your other post says -

there are two loops left and there are on opposite sides of the project.

Aren’t you knitting in the round? The stitches should be next to each other. Ohhhh. You’re doing ML. When you get done binding off the first half of the stitches, move the rest of them around to the left needle and keep binding off.

sue

hmm, i think i get it. i’ll probably have to undo everything since the loops arent next to each other though

Whoops. I totally missed the part about you only having one loop on each side – how’d you manage that? Actually, nevermind… sounds like you figured it out. :wink:

well, when i bound off the stitches on the first needle, there was one loop left, and i didnt know what to do, so i just switched to the next needle and bound those off. still not absolutely sure what i should do from here, though

Ohhhhh… just undo the b/o that came off of the second needle and put the live stitches back onto it. Move that lone stitch from the first needle to the beginning of the second needle and continue your b/o from there.

thank you! :muah:

Don’t mention it. :wink:

ok, now all i need to do is a little finishing and start looking for the camera :teehee: