Binding Off in a Pattern Advice

Being the stubborn chica that I am I insisted that I not do a scarf as my first knitting project. Instead, I opted to make a small purse but I am having trouble figuring out how I should bind off. Having never binded off before I am really confused. I am suppose to bind off in the pattern. The pattern is as follows:

The last row I did was P3, *K3 P3 (across)
The next row in the pattern would be K3 *P3 K3 (across)

Do I bind off using the second row as my guide? Do I start off by knitting the first two? How do I continue from there? (from the 3rd knit stitch to the purl stitch and then from the purl stitch back to the next set of knit stitches?

Please advise . .

Thanks in advance . . .

I am eager to start my next project! (Probably a scarf!)

:XX:

Your bind off is essentially a row in itself. Go ahead and bind off as though you are working the next row of the pattern.

Okay, So my gut feeling to bind off the pattern as the next row was correct. The only problem is I don’t how to switch the binding off between knit and purling. I assume I start by purling the first two . . .how did I do the knit switch and come back to purling?

Okay, So my gut feeling to bind off the pattern as the next row was correct. The only problem is I don’t how to switch the binding off between knit and purling. I assume I start by purling the first two . . .how did I do the knit switch and come back to purling?

It’s not nearly as hard as it sounds. You said that your next row would be worked:
K3 *P3 K3 (across)

So, knit the first two stitches, pass the first stitch over the second stitch, knit the next stitch (completing the k3), pass the previous stitch over that stitch, now, bring your yarn forward, purl a stitch, pass the previous stitch over that.
If you find it easier, you can move the yarn back, as though to knit, before passing the stitch over. Just remember to bring it forward again, and purl the next stitch, repeat the pass over, purl the next stitch (p3 completed) pass the previous stitch over.

Now move your yarn back and start the knit stitches.

Does that make sense?