Binding off at the end of a row

Hi, I live in Michigan, and though I have been a knitter for many years, I have just started again after a hiatus of a couple of years. I am currently making American Girl doll clotes for my great-nieces. I found some wonderful resources for patterns, but the one I am using is for a “fur” trimmed coat and hat. I have found several errors in the instructions, and had to rip and correct them. However, I have a question about one of the instructions. In shaping the sleeve for the armhole, it says to cast off two stitches at the beginning and end of the same row. Is it possible to do this? I have never heard of casting off at the end of a row. Do I need to learn a new technique? Any help would be appreciated.

I don’t really get that either. I’d either bind off two at the beginning of the next row, or just do two decreases at the end of the row, although that may look a bit hinky…

Thanks, Marriah. Binding off at the beginning of the next row was my solution as well.

You can’t BO at the end of the row, most American patterns will usually say `BO x sts at the beginning of the next 2 rows’.

Thanks for the reply, Suzeeq. That’s pretty much what I thought. Do you have a good source for American Girl patterns. I’ve found one, but I’d like more. This pattern I’m making has so many errors in it, that I’ve had to rip out and improvise several times. It’s pretty frustrating.

azwannabe

No I don’t know of any patterns for them, sorry.