Bind off?

What am I doing wrong??? :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: LOL :smiley: I love knitting! But despise binding off. LOL! :slight_smile: I am new so still confused… :slight_smile: When I bind off I do the knit bind off. You know. Knit 1 stitch, then you knit the 2nd stitch. Slip the first stitch over the second one and continue on. :slight_smile: BUT I have ONE stitch left on my needle!!! I have bound off all my stitches but one!!! What do I do??? Please help :slight_smile: Thanks, Dianna

You are doing it EXACTLY right :yay:. You will have [B]one [/B]stich left on the needle after binding off. That’s when you cut your yarn or thread–not too short now–leave a nice long tail–loose up the stitch on the needle making the “hole” bigger-remove the needle; thread your “tail” through that last stitch and pull to tighten (not too tight) and you are done! Bound off ! Weave the thread tail into the body of your knitting.

I had the exact same problem when I first learned to knit–took me forever to bind off correctly. Keep going!

Thank you!!! I was so confused!!! :smiley: LOL

You are welcome:heart:

I smiled at your post - mostly because I kept forgetting how to bind off. I’d start a project, frog it back, start a project, and frog it back, start a project and have it be one where you didn’t have to bind off, etc. so much that I kept forgetting how to bind off at all.

If you don’t like casting off, and it sounds like you are only trying it one way, perhaps you should try some of the other ways of casting off to see if you like it better?

What are the other ways?

You can see the different ways here.