***BFL Coop!***CANCELLED :(

BFL (blue faced Leicester)
Anyways, there are several different weights, Aran, Sock, DK, Bulky … all are 70.- per 1 kilo cone or 75.- per 10 100 gr (approx 3.5 oz) skeins. Skeins have to be ordered in 10s, but you can easily split them with someone else.

Same as before, [B]cones are 70.- per kilo[/B] including shipping to me, [B]skeins are 10x100 grams (10x3.5 oz) for 75.- [/B]including shipping to me. If you do NOT want your yarn skeined in those increments, please order a cone and make a note for me in the database. The price will be the same as it is for yarn skeined at the mill, but you can let me know how you want yours skeined and I will do it for you. There are roughly 33 oz per cone.

You can get Aran, Bulky, Sock, DK, Sport… but it really depends on what he has. If DK is out and it might be weeks before he has it again, you might have to change your order or wait until the next co-op (that’s what happened with this round, he was totally out of Bulky for example)

[B]This closes 9/30[/B] with payments due at this point. DO NOT send payment before I call for them.
Yes, all undyed. We’re getting it straight from the manufacturer :slight_smile:

Conny
anyone interested? let me know. this is a fairly quick- going order, but she is leaving it open to a specific date as there is no minimum order. if anything, i was thinking we could order a couple of skeins sets and split them.
Since this is a simple coop (no colorways) I will start a KH blog if there is anyone interested. :mrgreen:

Is the sock weight superwash? <crossing fingers>

Could you explain what a coop is? I’m totally clueless about this.

I am waiting on an answer about it being superwash or not… she hasn’t answered the question yet… maybe today?

a coop is when a group of people get together and make a large group purchase in order to get lower (sometime wholesale) pricing on things. in our case it’s yarn. i checked out [wool2dye4](http://www.wool2dye4.com/sport.html)prices for the sport weight of the BFL to compare prices. her price for a 1 kilo cone is $82. so you’d save $12. HTH

Which Sock is it? The Ultra or the SuperSock? I am looking for something to knit my chuppah out of and don’t want something in merino.

http://www.wool2dye4.com/fingering.html

Thanks for posting these!

i am still waiting on a response. the coop admin has been sick and away from the computer. i don’t know if any of theyarn will be superwash…i do know you can order any of the weights.

the coop admin just emailed me and said that the sockyarn is 100% superwash :yay:

Oooooo…let me ask my friend if she wants to split a shipment with me!

i too was thinking of ordering some sock but definantly can’t afford 10… was hoping for a 50/50 split too…:think:
anyone else interested?

jeanius, I’ll split it with you!!! My friend has not gotten back to me yet, and I want yarn!

I would like to get yarn as well but as jeanius can’t afford that much anyone else willing to split???

how much would a 50/50 split be for each person?
(if it’s listed somewhere, i’m not so dense as to not be able to figure it out. i just haven’t noticed it anywhere. :wink:)

One other question is their anyway if other people want to split that we can get different weights?

LIke if someone does not want 10 or 5 skeins in one weight?

Just thought I would ask.

the orders have to be in multiples of 10 (this is coming directly from the mill) so we can’t order say, 5 sock, and 5 aran. sorry. the cost for 10 skeins (any weight) is $75.

so if two or more people want to split an order, it’s up to you to decide together what weight of yarn you’d like. if 5 is too much, perhaps you could split it between 3 people (4/3/3?) or 4 (2/2/2/3) or what ever combination works. at $7.50 a skein, it’s a great deal for this yarn. HTH

ok yarn doc, you and i can split 50/50 an order of 10 sock yarn skeins :yay:

Ok Thanks jeanius I am interested in the dk weight.

okay. since i don’t really know the technical knitting stuff (yet) like yarn weight to actual weight to yardage ratios, how many yards are we talking about?

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:
:woohoo:

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

cloud9

these yardages are approximate! not exact… hope this helps! (this yardage is per kilo)
4200 fingering
3975 sport
2450 DK
1815 aran
550 bulky

i just saw that on the blog. thanks!
that’s quite a few pairs of socks. :think: