Best way to seam booties

Your thoughts on the best method to use for seeming booties for newborn babies please. Thank you.

Hi there, I’ve been doing a lot of knitting at the moment for a newborn and so lots and lots of bootees/mittens etc and had the same thoughts while sewing them up. After doing about 5 pairs with seams in all sorts of different places including the footbed, I’ve come to the conclusion that the best seam has to be one that doesn’t create a ridge especially on any point of the bootee where there is any weight or pressure (like the back or foot seam). I’m opting now for an edge to edge seam which although is not the strongest, babies aren’t exactly skateboarding or skiing (?!) in this gear, so the key is to eliminate any possible chafing areas for their tender skin.
I’m still on a learning curve and always trying to find better ways to do things. I hope this helps and good luck!

Thank you for your thoughts. I agree with you on the part about trying to keep it as soft as possible. Have you tried the Kitchener stitch? There is a video of it here on this website it is sometimes called weaving. The bootie I am working on is seamed up the sole of the foot and in the heel.

Thank you again.