Berrocco Gretta Sweater Pattern Help!

I’m working on my first cardigan http://www.berroco.com/189/189_gretta.html I am having trouble figuring out the neckline of the front pieces. I saw somewhere on Ravelry that there was a problem with the pattern, but I don’t see any corrections.

[B]LEFT FRONT[/B]
With smaller needles, cast on 36(40-42-48) sts.
[B]Row 1 (RS):[/B] * K1, p1, rep from * to last 2 sts, end k2.
[B]Row 2:[/B] * K1, p1, rep from * across. Rep these 2 rows until piece measures 1" from beg, end on Row 1.
[B]Next Row (WS):[/B] Work 5 sts and sl these sts onto a holder, p to end – 31(35-37-43) sts. Change to larger needles and work even in St st until piece measures 2" from beg, end on WS.
[B]Shape Waist:[/B] Dec Row (RS): K2, SSK, k to end. Rep this dec every 2" twice more – 28(32-34-40) sts. Piece should measure 6" from beg. Work even until piece measures 7-1/2" from beg, end on WS.
[B]Inc Row (RS):[/B] K2, M1k, k to end. Rep this inc every 1-1/4" twice more – 31(35-37-43) sts. Work even until piece measures 12" from beg, end on WS.
[B]Shape Raglan Armhole:[/B] Bind off 2(3-4-4) sts at beg of the next row, then p 1 row.
[B]For size Small ONLY:[/B] Row 3 (RS): K3, KSP, k to end.
[B]Row 4:[/B] Purl. Rep these 2 rows 20 times more.
[B]For ALL sizes:[/B] AT THE SAME TIME, when 11(11-12-12) sts remain on needle and armhole measures 7-1/2(8-8-8-1/2)", end on RS.
[B]Shape Neck (WS):[/B] Bind off 2(2-3-3) sts at beg of the next row then, continuing to work armhole decs, dec 1 st at neck edge EVERY row 5 times. Fasten off.

Shape Neck - it says dec 1 st at neck edge EVERY row 5 times, does it mean to bind off 1 stitch on? How should I do the decrease? I think I did it wrong for the LEFT front, and now I’m stuck on the right front.

I would think that because they specify a bind off first and then tell you to decrease, that you are not binding off stitches, but decreasing them with a k2tog or a ssk.

Thanks. I went ahead with the decreases with a SSk and SSP (?) as it said to decreased 1 st on EVERY row on the neck edge while continuing with the arm decrease. I now have 3 stitches left, not enough to do the K3, KSP.

Should I do just dec 1 on each side? I’ve got the right front done too, except for these last 11 stitches.

You should have 4 sts left if you bound off 2, 11 - 2 - 5 +4

OK - I went back and corrected. I have 4 stitches left. What do I do with these? The pattern schematic has the completed piece end at a point of a triangle, down to 1 stitch? http://berroco.com/images/books_157-199/189/189_ggg_2.gif, or should I just bind off these last 4 stitches.

Bind them off I think. BTW, I’m the one answering you on Ravelry too. Look at the projects link I posted in my last reply. The pictures don’t show that you go down to only 1 stitch and make a point.

Thanks Sue!