Hello, strong textI am hoping someone can help me to understand the assembly of this sweater. I got the pattern only in English and another language. (French I think) the pattern is called Bernat Harmony Turtleneck to knit. I believe I have followed all the instructions but am confused by how to attach the sleeves and create the turtle neck part. My confusion starts as Sleeves # 5 to turtleneck #1 then I am completely lost on all of the finishing instructions.
The shoulders end with 76 sts no decreases so I am not understanding where it is attached to the frt & back which are also squear on the outside edge for under the arm.
If someone can tell me how to save a .pdf file to a .jpeg I can post the full instructions if it is needed.
Thank you in advance for any assistance. April
SLEEVES: With smaller needle, cast on 38 sts.
- Work in (K2. P2) ribbing, as given for Back, until work from beg measures 5 ins, ending with RS facing for next row.
- Change to larger needle** and proceed in stocking sts,
- Increase 1 sts each end of needle on next row
- Increase 1 sts every following 4th row to for a total of 76 sts.
5. Cont. even until work from beg measures 22 ins, ending with a purl row.
6. Cast off.
1. Sew right shoulder seam.
2. With RS of work facing and smaller needle, pick up and knit 19 sts down left front neck edge.
3. K14 from front sts holder.
4. Pick up and knit 19 sts up right front neck edge. K30 from back sts holder. Total 82 sts
5. Next row: (WS). P2. K2. P2. Rep from * to end of row.
6. Next row: K2. P2. K2. Rep from * to end of row.
7. Rep last 2 rows for 9½ ins.
8. Cast off loosely in pat.
- Sew left shoulder and turtleneck reversing seam for turn back.
- Place markers on Front and Back side edges 10 ins, down from shoulder seams.
- Sew in sleeves between markers.
- Sew side and sleeve seams, reversing sleeve seam 3 ins from bottom for cuff.