Last night, I finished my Bernat Side Button Hooded Cape!
I’ve been making it for the Bernat Blog: http://bernat.com/blog/
The pattern is free: (you have to log in to see it)
I used the recommended yarn, Bernat Softee Chunky. It took about 5 or 6 weeks to knit, because I was working on other projects as well. I finished all the knitting yesterday, and did the seaming and finishing last night. The thing that really dresses it up, and makes it look finished is the buttons on the side. Makes all the difference in the world.
I found my buttons at Hobby Lobby on clearance! Yay! They are nice, big, wooden buttons too. I also got a big, pretty green button to put at the spot where the neckline separates, just to give it some strength at that spot. It makes it look good too.
I put it on last night, and walked down the hall to show it to my hubby. He dropped open his mouth, and said, “Wow! That looks GREAT!” cloud9 Gotta love a hubby that compliments knitting projects.
Here are some photos I took last night: