Bernat Alpaca Cable Cowl

Hi All! So I am a pretty fair knitter but this pattern is driving me nuts!
I understand how to work the first 4 rows but I think I am missing something- once I get to the first cable row I only have directions for the panel pattern not for the inbetween stitches- am I to just swap out the panel for the current row I am on? For example technically row 5 of the cable panel would correspond back to the first full row. So instead of doing what it says for row 1 of panel pattern I would do row 5? I hope this makes sense there is only the foundation row, row 1 and row 2 shown and then the 24 rows of the pattern panel. I have just never seen a pattern written like this.
Anyway here is the link in the hopes someone can help me figure this out!
Thanks in advance!
http://www.yarnspirations.com/patterns/cable-cowl.html

Welcome to KnittingHelp!

Repeat rows 1 and 2 for the cowl. Row 1 will be the RS rows and row 2 the WS rows. As you do that work the cable pattern rows 1-24 in the position given for the cable panel.

So work row 3 as row 1 with row 3 of cable panel in position, row 4 as row 2 with row 4 of cable panel, row 5 as row 1 with row 5 of the cable panel, row 6 as row 2 with row 6 of the cable panel, etc. When you get to row 25, work row 1 with row 1 of the cable panel and continue on with RS and WS rows 1&2 and a repeat of the cable panel rows.

Thanks very much for the pattern name and link.

You are so awesome! Thank you so much!!! I was basically making it more confusing for myself :woman_facepalming:t2:
I can’t wait to see it all worked up! Surprisingly, I couldn’t find anyone who had finished it on Ravelry!

It should be fun to work. Post a photo when you finish. We’d love to see it, too.