Bergere Pattern Help!

Hi, I am using a Bergere pattern for the first time and have searched the internet for help on the wording of the pattern and had no success. i am hoping someone on here can help me work it out.

I am shaping the armholes for a sleeveless dress and the description is not something i have seen before.

Please can someone translate the following:
Cast off on each side as follows
S: Every 2 rows 2x2 sts, 1x1 st, every 4 rows 3x1 st, every 6 rows 6x1 st

Hope to hear from someone soon and thank you in advance to anyone who can hep me

Del x

Welcome to KH!
I like Bergere patterns but they can sometimes be confusing.
Call the first cast off row, row 1. Cast off 2sts on rows 1 and 3, then cast off one stitch on row 5. Cast off (or decrease) one stitch on rows 9, 13, 17 and rhen rows 23, 29, 35, 41, 47, and 53.

Thank you so much! i thought i was going to have an unfinished dress, they are really nice patterns but very hard to read at times, I’m guessing the more you do the easier it becomes to learn their style of writing patterns.

I will now get back to shaping my armholes thanks to you. :slight_smile:

Oh, good. Yes, the more patterns you do, the easier it is to figure out the terminology. Enjoy finishing the dress and let us see a photo please.

Honestly, pattern designers and publishers need to have a universal system of abbreviations.