Beginner needing help

Hi… i;m new to knitting and my friend has helped start me off to make a hat which i’m doing on a round needle (i think its called that… not too sure…) anyway i’ve finished the band and now i’m coming to the lace pattern. Now it says to knit one… which i can do… but then it says yarn over… what does this mean??? And how do i do it??? please help.

This is one of those things that once you do it, you’re not going to believe how easy it is. Just go to the top of the page where it says view videos, go to increases, and scroll down to the bottom of that page where it says “yo” and click on the videos-- there are 2, try both to get the best idea of what to do. And the “round needles” are called circulars in America and Twin Pins in the UK.:slight_smile:

A yo/yarnover is just bringing the yarn around the needle. It’s just like knitting a stitch, except the right needle isn’t inserted into a st on the left needle.