Beginner knitter pattern help pls. xx

Hi everyone,
Thankyou in advance.

I am a new knitter have made some simple things using basic knitting…I have just finished a project for my puppy, I made him an olaf jumper, it turned out ok.

I have decided to attempt a baby cardigan, it says its for beginners but i’m not so sure haha. I have done tge first 5 rows now i’m stuck, i’m hoping somebody is able to help pls. X

Heres the pattern…
:heavy_check_mark:Starting at neck edge, cast on 26 stitches.
:heavy_check_mark:Row 1: K1, PM, K2, PM, K 20, PM, K2, PM, k1
:heavy_check_mark:Row 2: Purl
:heavy_check_mark:Row 3: Knit row, increasing 1 stitch at each side of markers
:heavy_check_mark:Row 4: Purl
:heavy_check_mark:Row 5: Knit row, M1 at both ends of row, as well as increasing at each side of markers
**Repeat rows 4 and 5 until there are24 stitches for each front, 26 stitches for each sleeve, and 44 stitches for the back, ending with a purl row.

pls help and tysm
Hayley
xx

Welcome to KnittingHelp!
Repeat rows 4 and 5 until the stitch count that is given for the various sections.
Row 4 is purl across all stitches. On row 5, make an increase before the marker and after the marker in addition to the increases at each end of the row. On row 5 the stitch count will increase 8sts+2sts each time you repeat the row.
Your pattern may recommend an increase to use for the M1 or you could use these:

Would you please use the edit button at the bottom of your post to delete the last half of the pattern (putting the sleeves on holders, etc.)? We can have copyright problems if we reprint entire patterns on the forum.

Thankyou very much. I have edited my post also. Xx

Than :slight_smile: s for posting, interested in topic :slight_smile: