Batman fail

Darn! I wanted to post a picture of the pattern I wanted to knit but it won’t let me. Its basically the batman symbol in yellow and black very simple. If you google Batman knit pattern its the first thing that pops up. I want to knit this on the end of a scarf but I don’t know what technique to use to make both sides look good. I know basic knitting and can follow a youtube video but still very beginner here. I tried intarsia (with youtube video playing of course) but the just left big gaps so I restarted but now have no idea how to go about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

The only way to make both sides look the same would be double knitting. This is when you knit both sides at the same time. It’s fairly complicated for a beginner.

Intarsia and fair isle will both show on the back, but in different ways.

The reason you had gaps worth intarsia is that you probably didn’t twist the two that’s together properly. There are videos here in OH, too.

Thank you! I’m going to look it up and see if its something I can try. I really want to get this project done for christmas.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/batman-logo-chart is the pattern I was looking at. Seeing the pattern would you recommend the double knitting or would you say another route would be the best?

If you don’t want to tackle double knitting, you can use a 16" circular and knit the pattern twice around. When you’re done you can tack the center together on the wrong side in a few places. It’d be very thick and warm.