Baby sweater and hat with flowers

I got the book “itty-bitty nursery” by Susan B. Anderson for Christmas. :slight_smile: (BTW it has quite a few cute things: clothes, blankets, toys and things for the nursery) I made the Flower Cardigan out of that book. They had a hat. It also had only one large flower, but I liked my idea better. ;). The hat here is my design.

The set is made out of Moda Dea Silk’n Wool Blend in ‘orchid pink’. The trims are all wool. I made the 0-6 month size but made the sleeves 1 inch longer than given (glad I did).

Here it is modeled by my “itty-bitty” DGD who is 4 1/2 months old and just over 10 pounds.

Here is the set where you can see it better.

And here is a detail of the bobble buttons, “stem” button loops, and flower trim.

The sweater and hat are very simple. In fact as I knit the sweater I was not very excited about it, but after I got it sewn together and started the trims I got so enthused I couldn’t quit working until it was done. I love it. :muah:

THAT IS THE CUTEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!!! :inlove: Love it!

Absolutely gorgeous… and so is the outfit! What a gem she is and she looks so happy with her Gramma’s knitting! Great job!!!

WOW! What a beautiful model. That baby is soooo cute. Your knitting work is great. Love the sweater and the little hat too.:heart:

That turned out SO well - and your DGD is adorable wearing it too!

I got that book recently as well and can’t wait to try out some of the amazing patterns in there…

:muah:

That is cute, and with such an adorable model, you’ll be able to show off your needlework for years to come! Congratulations!

The sweater and hat are cute, but your DGD is adorable! Just want to kiss those cheeks.

Have you noticed, since becoming a gram, just how cute babies are? I thought so before, but now, it’s enough to plop a big old smile on my face.

BTW, did you make the little pants that she is wearing?

No, I didn’t make her pants. Luckily for me when she tried these on today she just happened to have on things that went very well with them. :slight_smile:

OMG! How beautiful is that set and that baby is a beauty:) Lovely work :slight_smile:

That set is beautiful and your DGD is adorable. Love the color too.

It is adorable and she seems to really like it! How beautiful she is and what dimples!!!

that is just adorable – I love how the buttons are worked into the design,

Congratulations the outfit is beautiful and your little Granddaughter is just so cute x

So adorable! The set is very sweet, too.

Merigold, that is so pretty and very precious! You did a wonderful job on it and I bet it was totally fun as well. Your model is just ADORABLE! Love that sweet smile! Mary

:inlove: oh my what a beautiful little girl!! I love the set and she seems happy with it too :happydance:

It is absolutely adorable and your DGD is a sweety :heart:

Oh that is all so sweet! Get that baby in a “cute baby” contest! Sooooo sweet!

The jacket and hat are so precious. But! your DGD is absolutely gorgeous.

OMG!!! Merigold, you’re killin’ me!!! That outfit is TO DIE FOR!!! :cheering:
Ohhhhh! So adorable!!! And the outfit is, too! :happydance: