Baby socks?

I want to make some baby socks… I’m a beginner, and all I’ve made is scarfs. Can someone help me on what I need, and how I can find a simple, easy to read pattern? Thanks a bunch!

This is a great baby sock pattern, and of course because it’s a baby sock, it’s small, and a great way to get accustomed to working with double pointed needles, and learning the construction of a sock. It’s also the sock pattern that Amy uses in her video demonstration of working the heel of a sock.

You will need, of course yarn, and also double pointed needles in a size to achieve gauge. The nice thing about the pattern I’ve mentioned is that it doesn’t use teeny tiny double pointed needles, so in that way it’s easier to learn how to use them without also having to fight with tiny needles and thread-thin sock yarn. All of the stitches used in this particular sock pattern are pretty much the basics (knit, purl, k2tog, p2tog, etc.) and all have videos on this site.

Shout back if you need help once you get started! There are lots of sock knitters here.

Wow, I’m kinda confused :frowning: Ok, so what does knit, purl, k2tog, and p2tog mean? I have a few double pointed small needles, can I use these? I need some help, sorry these will be my very first socks. Thanks!

K2tog=knit two stitches together
p2tog=purl two stitches together

Watch Amy’s videos for help with those decreases.

See what size needles the yarn calls for and use that size (or something close).