Baby sock help

Hello all, I am new to the forum and am pretty excited this site. I am a new knitter. My wife and I have been knitting for just about a month now. The question I have is regarding the baby sock video under the advanced knitting techniques tab. I got as far as picking up the 8 stitches on the second side of the heel, down to the original 6 stitches of the bottom of the heel, then, the video conveniently skips the part of what to do once you’ve picked up the 8th stitch. The directions say to continue knitting until there are 11 stitches on needles 1 and 3 and 12 on needle two. Needless to say, I am confused of where to go after picking up the 8th stitch on the second side. Do I knit the first three stitches off of the needle one with a new needle and transfer them to needle 3 and make that the new join between needles 1 and 3 at the center of the heel? Any advise is greatly appreciated!
Thanks and happy knitting!

I’m at work so I can’t check out the video now, but that sounds right.

I think I figured it out. What I did was just knit the three stitches to another needle and transferred them to needle 3 and that seemed to work alright. I plan on closing the toe tonight.