Baby Kimono

I’m making the baby kimono out of the mason dixon book, and I have a question. It says to use the backward loop cast on to CO 3 stitches at the beginning of the next 16 rows. I’ve done the backward loop cast on before and know how to do it, but I don’t see how you do it at the beginning of a row with all the other stitches still on the left hand needle. I see how you could CO 3 stitches at the end of the row, but at the beginning the yarn seems to be coming from the wrong place. :think:

Isn’t the the beginning of the row, the end of the previous row, just turned around?

It is possible to put them on in the front, just do it. :slight_smile: If if helps your thinking about it, you can switch the needle to your right hand so that the backward loops are added at the end of the row, then turn it back. Either way the yarn will end up at the very end where you will now work the three stitches you just added, and then the rest of the row.

Sometimes we get blocks about things. I have done so many things in knitting that at first seemed impossible. This still happens to me. Knitting is amazing!:shock: :hot: Here in WA