Baby Hat with lace edging

Hi, I am making a baby hat. After casting on 97 stitches, first row instructions read as follows: 1st Row (RS) K1, yf, k5, slip the
2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th sts over the first st, yf; rep from
to last st,
k1
My question: regarding slip the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5 sts over the first st Does that mean:
slip the first 4 of the 5 stitches I just knitted over that 5th stitch that I had just knitted? I know I am supposed to be decreasing and making a lace pattern at the same time
Thanks for any help KittyAnn

Yes, k5, then start slipping the first 4 of those over the 5th st, one at a time.

Yes, slip those first 4 knit sts over the stitch just knit. It’s the stitch closest to the end of the right needle.

Thanks so much I am a basic knitter, who doesn’t knit much because questions like you just answered come up and I can’t get help soon enough. Thanks so much.:woot:

Thanks what a great site. I always quit projects since I have questions, and can’t get them answered, so I give up. This is wonderful; thanks again so much.:cheering:

So glad you came here to ask your question. We happy to confirm your thoughts and to do almost anything that prevents giving up on a project.

Hey, when did you become a moderator, Sal? Congrats. It’s about time with all the knowledge you have.

Thanks so much. Very observant of you. It’s a great group of moderators and I’m honored to join them.