Baby cable - instruction clarification

`
am liking this hat: http://bopeepsbonnets.com/free-chemo-hat-patterns/

just want to check on the instructions.

Pattern Sequence (consists of 4 rounds total) =

Rounds 1-3: *K2, P2 repeat from * all around
Round 4: *Baby Cable, P2 repeat from * all around

Baby Cable = K2tog but do not drop stitches off left hand needle, knit the first stitch again, then drop both.

just want to check, that means knit the right-most stitch of the 2 involved in the k2tog, again.

Johnny on the spot

or Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere’s Johnny!

yay, i was right! i did go looking for a video, even at NSAD, but i was looking for ‘baby cable.’… thanks for the links! :wink:

You’re welcome. I guessed right. I never remember for sure which is left twist and which is right twist unless I’m doing them. I was pretty sure New Stitch a Day had the video.

and it works! thanks again :wink:

Very pretty. Your knitting looks very knice.

well now.
I am familiar with the stitch, but checked out the video and learned about seacell yarn! sounds cool. learn something new every day. thanks to you both! :smiley:

i should have my hat - done with this stitch - finished tonight. it’s so squishy! :slight_smile:

Seacell? Is that made from coral reefs? :mrgreen: I want to win the lottery so I can try a small sample of qiviut.

hat’s done. i was right, it’s definitely on the small size. the picture shows a man wearing it, but it’s really for a tween/teen. and my gauge was spot-on too. oh well, live and learn, already planning for the next one, and a variation. will use bigger needles. weaving in ends and taking pictures tomorrow (later today, it’s 2 a.m. y’all, and i’m beyond needing to be in bed.)

GG can be all proud - i magic looped on the crown, and even DPN’d at the end, including the p2togs! :wink:

posting photos over in “what’cha knittin’?” direct link is http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1419309#post1419309 . cheers! :slight_smile:

It might be on the small side because people go bald? When I made a cotton hat I was concerned that if the recipient did lose her hair it would be too big.

hmm… lol… i do wonder about that now… good point. :wink: