Baba's Bed Socks

I am taking knitting classes and right now I’m making , Baba’s Bed Socks. I’m up to:

Gusset:

Round 1:k to withen last 3 sts of needle 1,k2tog,k1.Keeping in rib pattern, work across instep.

needle 4:k1,ssk, knit remaining sts on needle 4

Round 2: work even,keeping instep in rib pattern.

Alternate thses tworows until 32 sts remain.

I have been checking off the rounds on a sheet of paper and I did[color=red] round 1[/color] then [color=blue]round two [/color]and next [color=red]round 1 again[/color]. this was all done in class up to this point and the rest is homework.

My problem is …now that I am home and this is very very foreign to me as I am a beginner. I am totally lost here… I know I did it in class with the teacher sitting there guiding my every move, but I am at a lost on [color=blue]what do I do to start round two again??? [/color]:oops: :wall: :oops

I’m at the middle of the back of the heel.I just finished needle 4, going on to needle 1 ,if that helps?

Nana,

[i]Round 1:k to withen last 3 sts of needle 1,k2tog,k1.Keeping in rib pattern, work across instep.

Round 2: work even,keeping instep in rib pattern.

Alternate thses tworows until 32 sts remain. [/i]

For round 2, just work around all the needles without decreasing. Knit the V’s and purl the bumps to keep your pattern on track.

Does round one start at the back of the heel, on needle one?

it says to Alternate these two rows until 32 sts remain…is round 1, row 1 and round 2 ,row 2??
[color=red]Round 2: work even,keeping instep in rib pattern[/color]. this has me stumped…remember I am a newbie here…sorry to sound so stupid :oops: :oops: on round two what do I do??? do I k to within the last 3 sts on needle on needle 1 then k2tog,k1keeping in rib pattern, work across instep on needles 2&3 ? I remember doing a slip purl then knit 1 slip purl knit 1 ect… but I don’t remember if that was Round 2 or not? I thought it was on the heel area. Boy this makes me :-x I thought I understood enough to go home and work on it . :doh:
:?? :wall: :oops:[color=darkred] God I can’t believe I even got this far, although I did have my teacher sitting right next to me stopping my every move when she spotted something wrong :teehee: Poor lady says ‘NO NO NO…’ ALOT![/color]

Gusset:

Round 1:k to withen last 3 sts of needle 1,k2tog,k1.Keeping in rib pattern, work across instep. [color=red](what needle should I be on here?)[/color]

Round 2: work even,keeping instep in rib pattern [color=red]( should I be on needle1 here ?) [/color]

Alternate these two rows until 32 sts remain

I should have never gotten into this…I don’t think knitting is for me! Can’t you tell…

Nana,

It does sound like needle 1 is the left side of your heel, needles 2 and 3 are the top of the foot, and needle 4 is the right side of the heel.

On row 2, it looks like you knit across the left side of the heel without any decreases on needle one, work needles 2 and 3 as you have been in the ribbing pattern, and then knit across needle 4.

Round 1 is where you decrease at the end of needle 1 and the beginning of needle 4.

Round 2 is worked even–no decreases.

Then you work row 1 again.

By the way–You’re a newbie making a SOCK! Most people start with scarves and squares. You’re not incapable–you just have a project that tests you more than others. You’ll learn a lot from it, though.

Hang in there and don’t put yourself down! :hug: