August 2019, Whatcha' Knitting?

Knitting needles had a midsleeve sweater for the 8year old until 30 minutes ago. Just did the bind off on the second sleeve, still need to block then seam up the sides! Pattern is from the Fall Knit Simple, by Katherine Mehls. Don’t usually follow patterns but fell in love with this one. Ticks the boxes for my strange fascination with mohair AND cables lol.

I think I want a hat just like that one for this winter. For me! :slight_smile:

That sweater looks so soft and yummy. Perfectly lovely cables too.

snuffle
this is another quick little knit,just the seaming,collar and a tail to do :smile:
https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/snuffle-sweater
and it’s finished :grinning:
snuffles

I’m so glad to see this sweater put together. It’s going to be a great hit with whoever is the lucky recipient.

Thanks salmonmac, it’s another little top for my granddaughter. She’s growing so quickly she’s out of them before they’ve had any wear!! This one is for a 2yr old (she’s just turned one!!) so I’m hoping it will last a wee while :joy:

Im just about to start knitting this cute bear- Ive never knitted toys before so advice needed as to the best wool type to use, Dk is the recommended wool, do I need to look for something safe for children.Baby-Spotty-Blanket-And-Matching-Teddy-Bear-In

That’s a darling bear!
Don’t use a fuzzy yarn or one that is single ply. Although the single ply is usually very soft, it’s not a very sturdy fiber.
A machine washable cotton yarn would work as would an acrylic for this. Some of the major brands like Sirdar, Plymouth, Lion Brand have good choices. I haven’t heard of any problems in regard to safety with yarns used for baby items.

I’ve recently finished this cardigan using Elsabeth Lavold’s Hempathy. The pattern is called Whippet.
rsz_img_1805_medium2

I was just in the mood for a bright sprint green and there it was.

Beautiful colour, I’m not familiar with this yarn though, but it is certainly gorgeous :green_heart:

Great work love the colour

:grinning:

Ooh I love that stitch pattern!

I’m making a sweater for my husband. The original pattern is called East Bay. There’s a cable panel up the middle of the front and back and the sleeves but I couldn’t get it to work so I’ve used the elongated checks pattern all over it!

Speaking of cabling, I just started my first cable project a couple days ago! It’s an ear warmer headband for a birthday present, made of some soft shetland wool someone gave me.

The wool is a very light sport at most, probably closer to fingering wt, so I’m chain-plying it to triple the thickness as I go. I used a provisional cast on so I can graft the ends together afterwards. But otherwise this is a rare example of me actually following a pattern (gasp!): https://www.berroco.com/sites/default/files/downloads/patterns/Berroco_FreePattern_Calisson.pdf

I’d recommend it as a nice project to learn braided cabling on, and also a good piece to practice combined knitting because you encounter knits and purls into both western and eastern stitch mounts on almost every row.

Beautifully done!

I love how the moss stitch seems to go right up to the cables! So pretty!

thanks!

spoke
Finished today but…
I’m half tempted to frog and re-knit making some changes to the increases, decreases and adding a couple rows of garter to the stst and edges to help stop the rolling…
otherwise the pattern’s great :smile:

edited to add the pattern details(I’d forget my own head if it …!!)

Woo-hoo, very exciting sweater! That will look fabulous and flattering.

Oooh that’s lovely! :slight_smile: