Asterisk Help

Hi!
I really need some help on this bag pattern.
:knitting:

The first row calls for repeats which I do not understand. It says the following:

1st row: (RS). *P1. K2. P5. T5B. P5. K2. P1. **C5F. K3. Rep from * once, then from * to ** once.

I don’t understand what needs to be repeated, can anyone write out in long hand what this row calls for?

Thanks!!

I cast on 79 sts.

You knit the P1 K2 P5 T5B P5 K2 P1 once and then you knit that same sequence again but then you continue the second repeat with the C5f K3 I hope this helps.

No, thats backwards. Knit “P1. K2. P5. T5B. P5. K2. P1. C5F. K3.” once, then only “P1. K2. P5. T5B. P5. K2. P1” once.

I think Suzeeq is right on this one. At first I thought DayLilydazed sounded right, but when Suzeeq disagreed I had to read it a few more times and I agree with Sue now. :slight_smile:

Gosh, I’m no expert, but it looks like this to me:

1st row: (RS).
P1. K2. P5. T5B. P5. K2. P1. C5F. K3. (1st time)
P1. K2. P5. T5B. P5. K2. P1. C5F. K3. (repeated again)
P1. K2. P5. T5B. P5. K2. P1. (second repeated section)

How many stitches are on the needles to begin with?

It took me MANY times reading it over, but I have to agree with Suzeeq and Shandeh. On the second repeat, it says to repeat from * to ** once, so you stop at the double asterisk and don’t go beyond.

This one is weird, huh? It seems there must be an easier/better/clearer way to write this.

Hi Everyone, Thanks for your help!
I finally figured it out.

P2. T3F. P1. T3B. P3. T3F. P1. T3B. P2.,C5F.K3
P2. T3F. P1. T3B. P3. T3F. P1. T3B. P2.
C5F,K3, P2. T3F. P1. T3B. P3. T3F. P1. T3B. P2.

Crazy huh?