Art of Knitting

Hi

I subscribed to the art of knitting about four years ago and am only just over half way through and having a problem with square 55, has anyone else had this? The square is supposed to have a border all the way round but I knitted half of it and one side didn’t seem to have a border. The pattern reads; 1st -4th row k1,*p1, k1 rep from * to end; 5th row k1,p1,k to last 2sts,p1,k1; 6th row k1,p1,k1,p to last 3sts,p1,k1,p1. Repeat 5th and 6th rows 5 times more. does this look right? am I doing it wrong or is the pattern wrong? I have emailed hachette partworks and am waiting for a response. Please can someone help.

I moved your post here where the pattern questions are.

It doesn’t look like it has any border to me. :??

ETA: Okay, I looked on Ravelry and on one that was done and had photos I could see that several of her squares did not have borders. You could add one, but it will change the square size unless you rework the pattern.

Thank you for moving my post will get my OH to put the pattern on here for me.

Please don’t post the entire pattern for the square if that’s what you mean.

I think the 6th row should end with [B]k1,p1,k1[/B]. Then you would have the same border on both sides.

Hi
Thank you very much, I changed the pattern before I saw your reply and did exactly what you said and it worked.:woot: