Aran knit car coat

I worked on this sweater over the winter and I do mean [I]worked[/I]. The full back was actually knit twice! It’s a fun knit from Vogue Knitting, Fall 2012 with lots going on. The yarn is Cascade Superwash Chunky.

Wow! That is beautiful!!:inlove:

That’s gorgeous! I think it would take me a couple of years to complete that project!

That’s downright stunning! Beautiful color, beautiful pattern, beautiful knitting. I’d love to see more things you knit. Thank you for sharing your photos.

BEAUTIFUL coat!!!

Hope I can knit this myself someday!!!
knitcindy

Your car coat is gorgeous, salmonmac! :muah: How does it fasten?

Thanks, JPC. There are buttons down the front. We have a wonderful button department at the local sewing store, G Street Fabrics. They make every project a “consultation” over exactly the right button. Such a fun store.

Goregous!!!.. Maybe someday I will be able to make something so pretty. I like the color and always wished I could wear reds. Doesn’t work with a red head’s skin tones so stick with the blues, greens, browns.
Again lovely work!!!

I tried to tell you how gorgeous this was yesterday but I couldn’t get the computer to post it. It is a beautiful coat and color and you did a fabulous job on it.:hug:

That is beautiful! And a perfect fit!

It’s gorgeous, Salmonac! Reminds me of the NELL 3/4 jacket that I worked on for months and months as well! I love the color of your cabled jacket! Plus, the interesting pattern stitches are anything but blah!

Kudos to you! And thanks so much for sharing your work with us! I think it’s inspiring to see what you’re up to!

Truly beautiful! It looks good on who ever is wearing it

This is amazing, salmonmac!..beautiful. Wow. love the colour too.