Aran Cable Jumper

Can I knit an cable jumper on a circular by transposing knit instead of purl and vice versa on the lines which would be the back of the garment on standard knitting patterns

Welcome to KnittingHelp!

Yes, you can do that. Usually the alternate rows just follow the pattern set on the public side of the sweater, knit the knits and purl the purls. Keep an eye on the patterns to make sure they’re forming correctly and you should be fine.
Which pattern are you considering?

1 Like

I am using a Cleckheaton pattern Design 0033. I am knitting it for my husband and on a circular needle I have 328 stitches for his size. It’s a lot to undo if I make a mistake. That is why I asked the question in the first place. I think I may take a section of the pattern and do a test run of a few rows first.

Thank you for your reply. I have just come to circular needles on a jumper I knitted for myself and just loved the overall smooth, seamless look of it

I have knit children’s arans in the round and that worked well for the patterns. You do give up the stability that seams contribute to a sweater and blocking isn’t as simple, but it can be done…
Have fun knitting your husband’s sweater!