Aran blanket

My pattern is Irish the row says P2 C4RP C2LK
What is C2LK glossary says knit 2 to the left and one at the back
also C2RK glossary says knit 2 to the right and one at the back can follow the rest thanks

Welcome to the forum!

Both seem to be cable directions. C2LK as defined in your pattern is slip next 2sts to a cable needle, hold in front, knit one, knit 2sts from cable needle.
C2RK is slip one stitch to a cable needle, hold in back, knit the next 2sts, knit one from cable needle.

Thank you will try this

Thanks for your explanation yesterday, I understood what you said but my problem now is
Row 9 is P3 C4RP P2 C4LP P6 C4RP P1 which is a 24 stitch pattern but row 11 if I follow your explanation for C2LK will make it 25 stitches
Row 11 P2 C4RP C2Lk P2 C4LP P4 C4RP P2 this throws of my centre panel thanks again

I was going by the definition you gave in your first post from the pattern glossary. Is that not what the pattern says?

“What is C2LK glossary says knit 2 to the left and one at the back”

It’s unusual in that cables usually designate the total number of sts required for the cross. Check and see if the glossary says “knit one to the left and one at the back” or maybe that’s what the pattern meant?

What is the name of your pattern? Can you provide a link?

I’m knitting from clanArans .com its a clan name hegarty that I’m knitting and glossary says C2LK knit 2 to the left and one at the back and C2RK knit 2 to the right and one at the back thanks

I wonder if it’s the thin line that the arrows are pointing to here (not the larger cables):
KH clan hegerty smaller

Those might be 2 stitch cables in which case it looks like a mistake in the glossary. I agree with you that the stitch pattern should stay at 24sts.
You could try it on a swatch but to know for sure, write to customer service at clanaran. It’s a paid pattern so they should support it.

Thanks for all your help